http://www.petpaw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/cute-dog.jpg 1024 1280 Tristan G http://www.petpaw.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/logo2.jpg Tristan G2012-07-03 22:43:232012-12-17 01:42:45Short, Fun & Interesting Dog Facts
Here are a few fun & interesting facts about dogs. A quick read but worth it!
- Did you know that approximately 21% of dogs apparently snore.
- A dog’s nose print is as unique as a human’s finger print and can be used to accurately identify them.
- The world’s smartest dogs are thought to be the Poodle, the Border Collie and the Golden Retriever.
- Dogs with little human contact in their first three months typically don’t make good pets.
- Dogs have twice as many ear muscles as people.
- A dog’s smell is more than 100,000 times stronger than that of a humans.
- If you love dogs, but dislike the sound of barking, a possible solution is a Basenji dog. This dog is a breed of dog that does not bark, but instead makes a yodel-like sound.
- More than half of us say we share characteristics with our dogs.
- George Washington had thirty six dogs – all foxhounds.
- A frightened dog will put its tail between his legs because it cuts off the sent glands in its anal region which a very vulnerable part of the anatomy. Since the anal glands carry personal scents that identify the individual dogs, the tail between the legs action is the dog’s equivalent of insecure humans hiding their faces.
- People have been keeping dogs as pets for the past 12,000 years.
- Dogs are pack animals by nature. They need closeness, touching, and petting to be content and happy.
- Dogs cannot see as well as humans and are considered color blind. A dog sees objects first by their movement, second by their brightness, and third by their shape.
- A dog’s heart beats between 70 and 120 times a minute, compared with a human heart which beats 70 to 80 times a minute.